Remember the rule of not wearing white after Labor Day? Times have changed, and white is now appropriate year-round.
Take shoes, for instance. Since at least 2016, the white shoe trend has been very popular. And for good reason! White shoes are incredibly fashionable, and a ton of influencers are wearing them.
A few years ago, designers Tibi, Proenza Schouler, and Celine debuted white shoes down their runways, and this was the start of the trend. Since then, white shoes have been prominent on the runway and in magazines. From stilettos and mules to classic tennis shoes and knee-high boots, the white shoe trend is all about clean style.
Pretty much anything goes when it comes to wearing the white shoe trend. White shoes are incredibly versatile and make it easy to mix and match with your existing wardrobe. When this trend first came out, I really didn’t know how I feel about it. But I ended up getting a pair of white heels and a pair of Gucci mules and I wear them all the time.
Why White Shoes are So Fashionable
White shoes have been fashionable for the last few years for these reasons:
- They go with go with so much and work with almost any outfit
- Their versatility allows them to look refreshing and chic
- White shoes are great to wear instead of black in the summer
- The color white is crisp and clean
How to Wear White Shoes
The white shoe trend is versatile enough to create clean, sleek looks. Here are some tips on how to wear white shoes with your outfits:
- Pair them with monochromatic outfits. It’s incredibly stylish to contrast colors with white shoes. When paired with outfits with bright shades, white shoes stand out and make a huge statement. White shoes also look great with all-black outfits, too.
- Wear with a sweater and some skinny jeans. White shoes can instantly add a pop of fashion to a chunky sweater and skinny jeans. Whether they are flats or mules, they pair perfectly with casual looks.
- Pair white sneakers with a gym outfit. Who doesn’t love a classic white sneaker? From classic Nikes and Adidas to Converse and Gucci, white sneakers come in a variety of brand names and styles.
- Wear with dresses and skirts of all lengths. Booties, sandals, espadrilles – they are all stylish with feminine dresses and skirts.
Here are the white shoes I have purchased for the summer:
I decided that I needed a versatile pair of mules in white for the summer. These Princetown horsebit-detailed leather slippers by Gucci fit the bill nicely:
Every time Gucci reinterprets its ‘Princetown’ slippers, we love them even more – this off-white leather version tops our current wish list. Made in Italy, they have the brand’s iconic gold horsebit plaque on the front, first introduced in the late ’60s as a symbol of jet-set glamour. Like classic colors? Try the black pair too.
These fabulous mules look great with casual jeans and capris, or with even a sweater and skirt. They give off a polished look that’s effortlessly stylish.
I also wanted a chic stiletto for those summer nights out on the town with my husband or girlfriends, so I also purchased these Gianvito Rossi Ankle Strap Stiletto Sandals. Gianvito Rossi debuted his first female footwear collection in 2007 during Milan Fashion Week, garnering praise for his elegant, chic, and surprisingly comfortable designs. These Gianvito Rossi calf leather sandals are made in Italy, and they feature a 4.3″ covered, tapered heel; an open toe and adjustable ankle strap; and a leather lining and sole.
What are your favorite summer white shoes?